24-Hour Support / Auto Refill Option / Free Home Delivery
NEXIUM Direct, a program offering patient services through AstraZeneca’s pharmacy partner, including delivery of prescription NEXIUM 40 mg* by mail to your door.
*Both NEXIUM 20 mg and 40 mg strengths are available through this program
Important Safety Information About NEXIUM
- Symptom relief does not rule out the presence of other serious stomach conditions
- NEXIUM may increase your risk of getting severe diarrhea. Call your doctor right
away if you have watery stool, stomach pain and fever that does not go away
- Talk to your doctor about your risk for:
- bone fractures if you take multiple daily doses of NEXIUM for a long period of time
- low magnesium levels if you take NEXIUM for a long period of time
- Tell your doctor about all of the medicines you take, prescription and non-prescription
drugs, including clopidogrel, vitamins and herbal supplements. NEXIUM may affect
how other medicines work and other medicines may affect how NEXIUM works
- Side effects with NEXIUM include headache, diarrhea, and abdominal pain
Approved Uses for NEXIUM
NEXIUM is prescribed to treat the symptoms of acid reflux disease, which typically
include persistent heartburn on 2 or more days per week, despite treatment and change
For many people, NEXIUM is also prescribed to heal damage to the esophagus called
erosive esophagitis. This damage may be caused over time from stomach acid wearing
away the lining of the esophagus. Only a doctor can diagnose this condition. With
NEXIUM, most erosions heal in 4 to 8 weeks. Your results with NEXIUM may vary.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.FDA.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
The information on this Web site should not take the place of talking with your doctor or health care professional. If you have any questions about your condition, or if you would like more information about NEXIUM, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Only you and your health care professional can decide if NEXIUM is right for you.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact AstraZeneca at 1-800-236-9933, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 6 PM ET, excluding holidays.
This product information is intended for US consumers only.
Nexium and the color purple as applied to the capsule are registered trademarks and AZ&Me is a trademark of the AstraZeneca group of companies.
©2014 AstraZeneca. All rights reserved. 1732977-3030200 Last Updated 9/14