If you would like additional information regarding AstraZeneca's products, please contact the Information Center at AstraZeneca in the U.S. using one of the following: Call Us,
Call Me Now. The Information Center at AstraZeneca in the U.S. is available Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 6 PM ET, excluding holidays.
Please call the Information Center at AstraZeneca at 1-800-236-9933, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 6 PM ET, excluding holidays.
Call Me Now
Important Safety Information About NEXIUM
- Symptom relief does not rule out the presence of other serious stomach conditions
- NEXIUM may increase your risk of getting severe diarrhea. Call your doctor right away if you have watery stool, stomach pain and fever that does not go away
- Talk to your doctor about your risk for:
- bone fractures if you take multiple daily doses of NEXIUM for a long period of time
- low magnesium levels if you take NEXIUM for a long period of time
- Tell your doctor about all of the medicines you take, prescription and non-prescription drugs, including clopidogrel, vitamins and herbal supplements. NEXIUM may affect how other medicines work and other medicines may affect how NEXIUM works.
- Side effects with NEXIUM include headache, diarrhea, and abdominal pain
Approved Uses for Nexium
NEXIUM is prescribed to treat the symptoms of acid reflux disease, which typically include persistent heartburn on 2 or more days per week, despite treatment and change of diet.
For many people, NEXIUM is also prescribed to heal damage to the esophagus called erosive esophagitis. This damage may be caused over time from stomach acid wearing away the lining of the esophagus. Only a doctor can diagnose this condition. With NEXIUM, most erosions heal in 4 to 8 weeks. Your results with NEXIUM may vary.
Please see Prescribing Information.
Please see Medication Guide.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.FDA.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.